Filter by Category
Practical Project Management
with Jes Vargas
3-day training: 10/6, 10/20, 11/3, from 8 am- 5 pm (Fridays)
This 24-hour course is designed to teach both Project Management Professionals and non-Project Management Professionals the fundamentals principles of project management. Participants will learn how to identify and schedule project resources, create project schedules, and produce critical path planning and evaluation reports. These learning objectives are reinforced by a course project that allows participants to apply the principles and use the tools introduced in the class.
MS Excel Advanced Series
with John Dahlgren
Advanced Excel 3-part series Oct. 11, 18, Nov. 1, 9 am - 12 pm
Session I - Data Analysis - Oct. 11, 9 am – 12 pm
Advanced functions and formulas
- Use logical functions to calculate values based on specified criteria
- Use conditional functions to summarize, count and average data
- Use text functions to extract specific text strings from cells
- Use date functions to calculate duration, expressed in a number of days or weeks
- Use array formulas to perform multiple calculations on multiple sets of values
Lookups and data tables
- Use the VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP and XLOOKUP functions to find values in a worksheet list
- Use the MATCH function to find the relative position of a value in a range, and use the INDEX function to find the value of a cell at a given position within a range
- Use data tables to see the effects of changing the values in a formula
Session 2 - PivotTables and PivotCharts - Oct. 18, 9 am – 12 pm
PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Use the pivot table command to create a pivot table for analyzing and comparing large amounts of data
- Change pivot table views by grouping data, moving fields, and using calculated fields
- Improving the appearance of a pivot table by applying a style and changing its field settings
- Create a pivot chart to graphically display data from a pivot table
Exporting and importing data
- Export data from excel to a text file and import data from a text file into an excel workbook
- Use Microsoft query and the web query feature to import data from external databases
Session 3 - Power Query and Power Pivot - Nov. 1, 9 am – 12 pm
- Use of Power Query to connect to data sources, transform data, build relationships in tables and bring back to Excel
- Use of Power Pivot to build comprehensive reports from transformed data
- Introduce Power BI with transformed data and build a multi-element dashboard
Creating Working Environments of Belonging through Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Anti-Racism
with Mwanaisha Sims
Two 2-hour live virtual trainings: 10/11 & 10/25 (1-3 pm)
This training will provide the following:
- Define what workplace diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism (DEIA) means.
- Discuss the value a more DEIA workplace can offer an organization.
- Provide examples of characteristics, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives can increase an organization’s success.
- Discuss the importance that a sense of belonging offers all employees and especially those with characteristics outside of the mainstream.
- Explain the stereotypes and biases that one brings into the workplace.
- How to address micro inequities with colleagues in a respectful and impactful way.
- Learn how to lead and create an inclusive work culture.
- Strategies for building agency within your organization at every level.
Conflict Resolution I Causes
with Margaret Schmidt
Gain clarity about the 5 main sources of conflict. Identify patterns that emerge in your role based on these root causes of conflict. Learn specific communication techniques for minimizing conflict in these areas.
OSHA 30 Certification
with John Dahlgren
OSHA 30 (for people who recently completed their OSHA 10)
20 hour training: 10/13, 10/20, 10/27, 11/3, 9 am-2:30 pm
The OSHA 30 course is designed to provide an introduction to Occupational Health and Safety Administration standards. The importance of OSHA and the rights and responsibilities that employers and employees have will be discussed. We will examine the California Code of Regulations (CCR) and the Codes of Federal Regulations (CFR). We will examine how Inspections are done and help provided.
with Joc Clark
Learn to identify workload priorities and goals. Establish a system to verify achievement of your goals. Develop decision-making strategies to navigate changes that impact your workload. Develop a process to manage a variety of priorities.
with Joc Clark
Understand, honor and effectively engage four different work styles and identify your work style. Develop a plan to better utilize natural assets and build on underdeveloped areas. Recognize and utilize helpful communication methods with each of the four work styles. Value the important contribution of each of the four styles to team success.
Five Coaching Conversations 4 sessions
with Morgan Massie
Four live virtual trainings, on the following days:
Session 1: Oct. 24, 9-11 am (Intro and Personal Coaching Preferences)
Session 2: Oct. 31, 9-11 am (Explain and Explore)
Session 3: Nov. 7, 9-11 am (Encourage and Empower)
Session 4: Nov. 14, 9-11 am (Elevate and Action Planning)
A research-based model for maximizing people’s performance and potential. This interactive and award-winning leadership development program has helped leaders across the globe be as effective as possible and get the best results out of their people. Based on the book of the same name and facilitated by one of the authors, The Five Coaching Conversations program leverages effective and practical leadership tools that are designed to:
- Assess and improve leadership coaching ability
- Enhance virtual leadership and communication
- Maximize individual and team performance
- Set up new employees for success
- Help others navigate ambiguity, indecision and uncertainty Keep others engaged and motivated
- Delegate effectively
- Retain and develop key talent