Filter by Subcategory
Creating Working Environments of Belonging through Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Anti-Racism
with Mwanaisha Sims
Two 2-hour live virtual trainings: 10/11 & 10/25 (1-3 pm)
This training will provide the following:
- Define what workplace diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism (DEIA) means.
- Discuss the value a more DEIA workplace can offer an organization.
- Provide examples of characteristics, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives can increase an organization’s success.
- Discuss the importance that a sense of belonging offers all employees and especially those with characteristics outside of the mainstream.
- Explain the stereotypes and biases that one brings into the workplace.
- How to address micro inequities with colleagues in a respectful and impactful way.
- Learn how to lead and create an inclusive work culture.
- Strategies for building agency within your organization at every level.
Conflict Resolution I Causes
with Margaret Schmidt
Gain clarity about the 5 main sources of conflict. Identify patterns that emerge in your role based on these root causes of conflict. Learn specific communication techniques for minimizing conflict in these areas.
with Joc Clark
Learn to identify workload priorities and goals. Establish a system to verify achievement of your goals. Develop decision-making strategies to navigate changes that impact your workload. Develop a process to manage a variety of priorities.
with Joc Clark
Understand, honor and effectively engage four different work styles and identify your work style. Develop a plan to better utilize natural assets and build on underdeveloped areas. Recognize and utilize helpful communication methods with each of the four work styles. Value the important contribution of each of the four styles to team success.
Five Coaching Conversations 4 sessions
with Morgan Massie
Four live virtual trainings, on the following days:
Session 1: Oct. 24, 9-11 am (Intro and Personal Coaching Preferences)
Session 2: Oct. 31, 9-11 am (Explain and Explore)
Session 3: Nov. 7, 9-11 am (Encourage and Empower)
Session 4: Nov. 14, 9-11 am (Elevate and Action Planning)
A research-based model for maximizing people’s performance and potential. This interactive and award-winning leadership development program has helped leaders across the globe be as effective as possible and get the best results out of their people. Based on the book of the same name and facilitated by one of the authors, The Five Coaching Conversations program leverages effective and practical leadership tools that are designed to:
- Assess and improve leadership coaching ability
- Enhance virtual leadership and communication
- Maximize individual and team performance
- Set up new employees for success
- Help others navigate ambiguity, indecision and uncertainty Keep others engaged and motivated
- Delegate effectively
- Retain and develop key talent
HR Real in the Field
with Ann Wicks
MEMBERSHIP DISCOUNTED PRICE $280
4-day certification class dates TBD and subject to change (1-4PM)
Are you a new manager? Have you been managing employees but feel like you still struggle to effectively address performance issues? Can you differentiate between what is a simple issue that you can address versus something that requires the help of HR or a legal professional? Do you wonder if there’s a more effective way to address employee misconduct? If your answer to any of the above questions is yes, this series is for you! We have developed classes that will help new and existing managers learn how to navigate common personnel issues to become a more effective manager in today’s complex business environment.
DISC Assessment - Deep Dive
with Reanette Etzler
Want to understand yourself and those around you better? Learn to connect by understanding the different ways in which people meet their natural tendencies. People can be drivers, influencers, sensitive, and detail oriented. Where do you fit? Where do your co-workers fit? How do you engage with each person and how do they engage with you. You will learn:
- A deep dive into each of the profile types and their main characteristics
- You will take an assessment yourself to understand your natural tendencies
- How to determine other individual profiles based on an in-dive into the DISC Assessment
- Learn how to manage better, connect better, and understand how to interact with others, even the most challenging individuals.
Conflict Resolution II Styles
with Margaret Schmidt
Understand the strengths and limitations of each conflict resolutions strategy. Identify your natural conflict style and think about the natural styles of your coworkers. Utilize all strategies as needed for effective conflict resolution.