Filter by Category
with Joc Clark
Generational Diversity: Leading Cross-Generational Teams.
This is the first time in America’s history that we have four generations working side by side in the workplace. This course is designed to equip participants with knowledge and skills to work with and lead cross-generational teams.
Everyone Communicates, Few Connect
with Reanette Etzler
“Only One Thing Stands Between You and Success. It Isn’t Experience. It Isn’t Talent.”
World-renowned leadership expert John C. Maxwell says if you want to succeed, you must learn how to connect with people. And while it may seem like some people are just born with it, the fact is anyone can learn how to make every communication an opportunity for a powerful connection. In Everyone Communicates, Few Connect, we will teach the Five Principles and Five Practices to develop the crucial skill of connecting, including:
- Finding Common Ground
- Keeping Your Communication Simple
- Capturing People’s Interest
- Inspiring People
- Staying Authentic in all Your Relationships
The ability to connect with others is a major determining factor in reaching your full potential. It’s no secret! Connecting is a skill you can learn and apply in your personal, professional, and family relationships- and you can start now by taking this course!
21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership
with Reanette Etzler
While times change and technology marches forward, the principles of leadership are constant and stand the test of time. There are four ideas to keep in mind as you explore
The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership:
1. The laws can be learned. Some are easier to understand to apply than others, but every one of them can be mastered.
2. The laws can stand alone. Each law complements all the others, but you don’t need one in order to learn another.
3. The laws carry consequences. If you ignore them, you will be unable to lead well. If you implement them, and people will follow you.
4. These laws are the foundation of leadership. Once you learn the principles, you have to apply them to your life to achieve your full potential as a leader.
Engaging the Laws
You can expect the following process to be followed in the participant guides as we learn each of the laws:
1. We will learn each of the laws as an overview.
2. We will discuss living each of the laws.
3. We will discuss how to lead others to the law.
C.A.R.E. Cultural, Acceptance, Respect, Equity
with Desiree Saddler
A survey by Korn/Ferry International found that more than 2 million people leave their jobs each year because of unfairness in the workplace, costing employers an estimated $64 billion a year in hiring costs. In addition, people of color were three times more likely than white heterosexual males to say unfairness was the reason they quit their jobs.
What is the source of unfair treatment and differences among people in organizations? Traditional diversity training programs have focused on the treatment of women and minorities. However, differences arise from a host of other traits as well, including age, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, physical abilities, educational background, whether someone has children, or even being an engineer versus being a salesperson. These traits or “profiles” cause people to make inaccurate assumptions, create separation, and, yes, treat people unfairly.
This course will also cover micro-aggressions that marginalized and under-represented employees may experience. The goal of diversity training is to promote an inclusive work environment.
Bridging the Generation Gap
with Desiree Saddler
Boomers don’t know tech. Millennials eat too much avocado toast. Gen Z spends too much time on TikTok. Gen X doesn’t care about anything.
Stereotypes aren’t just hurtful, they’re wrong and they prevent us from getting to what’s truly great within each generation (and individual!) The work environment has become a valuable patchwork of varying perspectives and experiences.
Explore the principles, methods, and best practices of working with multiple generations in our upcoming training session,
Those participating will learn:
- Why generations are different
- How do demographics affect you
- Motivational and engagement tips
- Natural tensions between the generations
- How to find common ground among the generations
- Conflict management
- Leveraging the benefits of multiple generations in the workplace
- Developing an individual plan for each employee
Understanding Strengths/Building Trust (Spanish)
with Emiliano Jimenez-Cornejo
This training is in Spanish
We like to start our Supervisor Series with this training because it offers a proven technique to build trust, improve communication, and understanding among team members. There are many personality tests out there, but we like The PACE® Palette the most because is simple, powerful, and easy to remember.
The PACE® Palette is a personality temperament assessment tool designed to dramatically enhance communication in the workplace along with in your personal and everyday life by utilizing a fun, non-threatening, easily adaptable tool. As a result of this highly interactive, memorable & profoundly enlightening workshop, participants will be able to quickly identify their “dominant” and “secondary” colors, easily identify the dominant color of those around them (co-workers, clients, supervisors, even significant others in their lives) and most importantly as a result, they will immediately have the tools in place to effectively communicate with others that may have a different color temperament.
Unlocking Behavioral Strengths & Team Dynamics with PI
with Morgan Massie
Unlocking Behavioral Strengths and Team Dynamics with Predictive Index
2 hours, virtual
For individuals and for teams. Discover the power of the Predictive Index ("PI") Behavioral Assessment in understanding the fundamental drivers of human behavior. With over a century of research, PI measures essential behavioral characteristics such as dominance, extraversion, patience, and formality.
Who should attend:
This introductory workshop includes the PI Behavioral Assessment for each participant and is designed for both individual contributors and people managers who want to explore their own behavioral characteristics and understand how to interact more effectively with others. Consider enrolling with your team to foster a cohesive and productive work environment (suggested, but not required).
By attending this virtual workshop, you will:
- Gain familiarity of the Predictive Index behavioral assessment, including the 32 PI reference profiles.
- Reveal a better understanding of yourself; your strengths, needs, communication and decision-making styles, and motivators. Learn how those behaviors show up at work, and how to better leverage those strengths/behaviors.
- Understand differences among colleagues and learn how to interact more effectively with others who may have similar or different drives, needs, and behaviors than your own.
- Discover how your team or organization can use the insights provided by PI to address team development needs and key business challenges.
- Create a detailed personal action plan.